Jim Sánchez/ Conexión San Ángelo

SAN ANGELO–This afternoon the San Angelo Fire Department responded to a reported fire that took place on the corner of East 27th Street and N. Chadbourne.

When SAFD arrived on the scene, they found a 2002 GMC Sierra pickup on fire. The fire department was able to put out the fire quickly.

 

The incident, which occurred shortly after 4 p.m. was deemed an accident by Fire Marshall, Ross Coleman. Coleman said the truck catching on fire may have been due to a faulty hose leak but a full determination could not be made at the time of incident due to the melting of all the electrical wiring and engine parts.

The female driver had mentioned to fire officials that she had been having problems with her truck, prior to the incident.
"The truck stopped upon which she tried to start it again and that's when the vehicle caught fire," said Coleman.